Below is information for Non-MSU students who would like to enroll and take Sociology classes.

Registration for Non-MSU Students

If you are not a MSU student and would like to take Sociology courses, you can apply to MSU as a Lifelong Education Student.  This is a free, one-page application and does not require essays or additional materials.  Learn more about MSU Lifelong Education at the Office of the Registrar Education page.

Both Lifelong undergraduates and graduates can enroll in our courses. Lifelong undergraduates must contact the Department of Sociology's undergraduate adviser to request an override.  Lifelong graduate students should contact the instructor teaching the course for an override. 

For additional information please contact:

Department of Sociology
509 E. Circle Dr.
317 Berkey Hall
Ph: 517-355-6640